Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here's my '78 Arrow

Working on a 4-2-1 tri-y header.
    I'm going to get her running, tuned, and dynoed in NA form first.
    Then we can see what 15psi does.
    Last edited by button; 07-21-2015, 05:27 PM.

Comment

The new intake is coming together.
      The initial design was a bit too tall. So I had to cut it down a bit and change the angle of the throttle body.
      Last edited by button; 07-21-2015, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Shes got bungs!
        Last edited by button; 07-21-2015, 05:26 PM.

Comment

All your pics are dead. I want to see 8)
          1978 Plymouth Arrow G54BT Auto finishing touches
          1987 Starquest 4G63t 6 Speed Work in progress
          1989 Colt GT 4G63T AWD work in progress
          1984 Starion Waiting......

Comment

They are back up.
            Firewall/router changeover. Your timing was poor.

Comment

Hows that Interior turning out?
              1978 Plymouth Arrow G54BT Auto finishing touches
              1987 Starquest 4G63t 6 Speed Work in progress
              1989 Colt GT 4G63T AWD work in progress
              1984 Starion Waiting......

Comment

What are the details on your engine build? Did I miss something?

Did you rebuild it yourself, and what components/compression ratio, cylinder head modifications, cam, etc are you now running?

Just got my Schneider cam and head back for my car, and going back together this week....normally aspirated though, nowhere near as potent as your machine.
                http://stevenowicki.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sorry for skimping on the details.
                  G52B block, .020 over, decked .005, painted black
                  G52B crank cut .010/.010
                  all bearings are coated by FFWD Connection - http://www.ffwdconnection.com/index....ngcoating.html
                  OEM pistons with ceramic tops and moly skirts - http://www.ffwdconnection.com/index....oncoating.html (I don't recall what rings I used)
                  G52B OEM Rods
                  G54B M28 NJV Head with 135lb Springs, OEM valves with ceramic faces (clearance issues)
                  G54B OEM Conquest Hydraulic camshaft

If you want any more detail, ask, or visit www.ilostmymind.com

Comment

Sorry for not updating.

It's all up and running and driving. The vacuum/boost gauge doesn't seem to be working, so I'm getting a new set of gauges to clean it up inside.
                    The radiator is showing its age, so I got a new one in there. A repop from ebay that is made of copper/brass. It looks identical to the OEM, except it didn't have nuts on it for the mounting.
                    I'm running 15psi on the 50trim t3 now, and it pulls hard. Boost comes on a little late for my liking though.
                    Last edited by button; 07-15-2016, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Just a quick update:
                      Yesterday I got to the dyno (mustang) and I was pleasantly surprised with the results.

1978 G52B Block/crank/rods, .020 over 9.5:1 pistons ceramic topped, M28 head with stock conquest valves (ceramic faced) and hydraulic cam, 125lb valve springs, Megasquirt 1 Msns-e, TBI w/ 2x1050cc injectors, chinese t3 50 trim .63 a/r exhaust internal wastegate and manual boost controller, full 2.5" exhaust.

On 19psi it made 223hp and 200tq
                      On 15psi it made 190hp and 180tq

I didn't get a copy of the graphs, but my peak power/tq was at 5400rpm I believe, and it tapered off about 20hp and 30tq at 7400rpm

Comment

• Those are great numbers!
                        www.jvdynamics.com

Comment

• So the chinese turbo threw in the flag.
                          I started a tri-y header a while back, and figured it's about time to complete it.
                          It sounds like a harley now....... i hate how those sound.,...
                          http://www.ilostmymind.com/wp-conten...0/imag0297.jpg

Comment

• Anyone want to buy my header? Make me an offer I can't refuse.
                            http://www.ebay.com/itm/G52B-tri-y-e...r/122369580976

Comment

• I've been neglecting this car since I put the big 16g back on it and possibly beat a rod bearing into submission. It ran like a raped ape with the refined NA tune (done with the tri-y) then the big 16g at ~15psi. It spools so quick now. I didn't get to dyno it because I was having too much fun doing high RPM burnouts that I believe caused the light clanging at 2500 rpm. So, I gotta pull the motor and tear it apart and see what kind of damage I did. The oil sparkles gave away that it is probably a bearing issue. I knew I should have tried a little harder to find tri-metal bearings instead of using standard aluminum. But I've made some calls and am on the right rack now, just need measurements.

and I bought a Mitsu for winter too
                              Last edited by button; 10-17-2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X