1st Gen Dodge Colt Front Strut substitute or replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Gen Dodge Colt Front Strut substitute or replacement

Sorry for the newbee question looking for a Front Struts on a 71-73 dodge colt, could not locate a set, is there another substitute from a different model year that will bolt on.

Also is there another website that has classified for these dodge colt.

thank you.

If you are just after the insert try these guys http://classicgarage.com/docoplarfrst.html

Comment

thank you for the info. Now I just need some random parts like badges/emblems

Comment

The complete 3 bolt struts from late 70's/early 80's Sigma's (Galant in the U.S I think?) do bolt in and provide a decent brake upgrade as well.

Comment

Is that the same as a Plymouth Sapporo or 80-83 Dodge Challenger? How about a rear end will it fit? I think they have rear disc too. But we "did not" have any galant in the US until 1984.
          Last edited by ekdc; 05-02-2017, 01:32 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Yes but you will have to check whether they have the 2 bolt struts (on the bottom) or the 3 bolt to match the Colt - I can't remember but I think it was the earlier models that had 3 bolt?
            The disc brake rear ends fit but you have to cut all the multi-link mounts off, weld on spring perches and rotate the caliper mounts 180 degrees on the ends of the housing so the shocks clear the calipers. It sounds like a lot of work but if you're good with steel and welding (or know someone who is) it's a really cheap way to get a strong rear end. It increases the track width just nicely too! You can even use the Mitsu tailshaft and a small metal bracket can be made to connect the factory handbrake.

There is a HUGE amount of info on all this on the Sigma Galant forum too
            http://www.sigma-galant.com/

Comment

Thanks for all the info, do you know who I can email at that board? I tried to register at sigma galant but it wont let me know it says;

"You have provided an invalid answer to the question.
              The value of "Have you red the Forum Rules?! is to large, a maximum value of 0 is allowed"

and Im not sure what the answer on this box, I tried "yes", "1", "no", "0" non of them work

"Have you read the Forum Rules?!: *
              No really, have you?? Posting without having read the forum rules is a BIG nono!"

Comment

Does anyone have a contact info/email to the Admin of sigma galant "GC75" I just want to register, any help is appreciated. Sorry to bother anyone. I tried search and couldn't not find an email address.

Comment

GC75 is long gone as far as I know, David Swales (75wagon) would be the other admin to get ahold of on there. He was on here i believe and I know is on facebook too because we were just talking a few days ago lol.

The early stuff is 3 bolts, the bigger 2 bolt struts would work too if you get the knuckle with them.

Starion/Conquest would work too using Galant Springs and top hats as long as you use Narrowbody Starquest struts. Don't use the widebody struts as they have too much positive camber and even if you had camber plates they would be maxed out just to correct lol.

Also ClassicColt has classifieds if you are looking for classifieds in the states.
                  91 Galant VR4 1350/2000
                  76 Colt Galant Coupe
                  75 Colt Galant Wagon
                  77 Colt Galant Wagon

Comment

Thank you for all the info, at least I have an idea what to look for, I also pm 75wagon, its been a few days now I haven't received a reply, can you please, please, please, please, do me a favor and just send him a message that Im trying to register to their website at sigma-gallant, I have been trying for the last 2 months and im not successful, im still trying to figure out the answer to the question (see above) I hope its not by invitation to be a member there.

Originally posted by RaptorReed View Post
                    GC75 is long gone as far as I know, David Swales (75wagon) would be the other admin to get ahold of on there. He was on here i believe and I know is on facebook too because we were just talking a few days ago lol.

The early stuff is 3 bolts, the bigger 2 bolt struts would work too if you get the knuckle with them.

Starion/Conquest would work too using Galant Springs and top hats as long as you use Narrowbody Starquest struts. Don't use the widebody struts as they have too much positive camber and even if you had camber plates they would be maxed out just to correct lol.

Also ClassicColt has classifieds if you are looking for classifieds in the states.
                    Last edited by ekdc; 06-02-2017, 04:08 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

Mr. Raptor Reed, I sent you a message, please reply when you find time. Sorry its about signing in at sigma-galant I cant answer the same question right. Thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X