X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree, it looked great at All Jap Day
    I was just in front of you with my N360
    Originally posted by GonzoRacer
    All too often I say "I can build something nicer than that" and I'm looking at my own build log...
    2 x N360 restoration projects

Comment

• Originally posted by bennyd View Post
      Agree, it looked great at All Jap Day
      I was just in front of you with my N360
      Thanks for the compliment. Must introduce yourself next time. 👍🏻

Comment

• Wish I could have seen your goon in person.. from the pics I've seen your car looks great! I've learned a lot off your build too.. I've recently picked up an rx3 goon that I'm going to get started on.. in the states where I live they aren't any hardly around. I've personally haven't seen any. LA has a good rotary scene..
        Keep up the good work!
        Greg

Comment

• Originally posted by Redrumls View Post
          Wish I could have seen your goon in person.. from the pics I've seen your car looks great! I've learned a lot off your build too.. I've recently picked up an rx3 goon that I'm going to get started on.. in the states where I live they aren't any hardly around. I've personally haven't seen any. LA has a good rotary scene..
          Keep up the good work!
          Greg
          Cheers mate.
          Yeah we never got the "rotary wagon" in Australia so you could say they are rare over here too. 😂
          I've imported plenty of parts from USA and Japan to create my 'replica'. The moment I decided on converting it from piston to rotary I knew I had to go further than just a rx3 nose cone on an 808. I'll get back into my updates this week! Cheers 👍🏻

Comment

• Originally posted by beans161 View Post

Cheers mate.
            Yeah we never got the "rotary wagon" in Australia so you could say they are rare over here too. 😂
            I've imported plenty of parts from USA and Japan to create my 'replica'. The moment I decided on converting it from piston to rotary I knew I had to go further than just a rx3 nose cone on an 808. I'll get back into my updates this week! Cheers 👍🏻
            Well you've done a fantastic job so far! I didn't realize that they were piston motors, I thought they were rotary too just a different style... doesn't matter, looks killer now, your driving & enjoying it! Can't wait till I'm driving mine around...
            keep up the good work!
            Greg

Comment

• Well its been a minute, sorry for the delay. It appears my thread has fallen victim to the photobucket ransom for 3rd party hosting. I'll try find a free of charge remedy. Please let me know if you have a way to overcome this without paying $$$.
              Worst case I will have to find another provider and back track through and renew the images. 👎🏻

Comment

• wow that really sucks mate at least the first few pages are there up to page 11/12 then the rest are no more

Comment

• i use postimage.org

seems to be reliable.

http://postimages.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat 4 RE View Post
                    wow that really sucks mate at least the first few pages are there up to page 11/12 then the rest are no more
                    Yeah the first lot were imageshack, I recall switching to photobucket for similar reasons. Ah well.

Comment

• Originally posted by restoremaz View Post
                      i use postimage.org

seems to be reliable.

http://postimages.org
                      Thank you kind sir. 👌🏻

Comment

• Originally posted by beans161 View Post
                        Well its been a minute, sorry for the delay. It appears my thread has fallen victim to the photobucket ransom for 3rd party hosting. I'll try find a free of charge remedy. Please let me know if you have a way to overcome this without paying $$$.
                        Worst case I will have to find another provider and back track through and renew the images. 👎🏻
                        I lost all my photos from my posts..I'm going to start all over.. oh well.. dirty move Photobucket did... I'll be posting soon.. a lot of deleting of the Photobucket crap & replacing them with my new photos..
                        Greg

Comment

• i think we should buy some reliable webspace, each chip in a couple of bucks a year so we have a reliable host. these free sites are rubish.

Comment

• Had another read through. What been happening with it

Comment

• Originally posted by Ontrack View Post
                              Had another read through. What been happening with it
                              Hey man, really got to get back into this thread. Been a tad slack I must admit.
                              Car has just sat in the garage, driven occasionally but nothing really to report. As most car enthusiasts do, I have a few little tweaks I'm about to do and improve overall reliability and tidy up a few bits. Cheers for the prompter to get my butt in gear. 👊🏻

Comment

• Update: Been a long while between posts but here we go.

When I first got the wagon on the road and tuned we discovered it had rather high inlet air temps. In an effort to reduce stress on the motor we "de-tuned and restricted" the motor and tune. This had been playing on my mind for a long time as I didn't like the idea of a fresh built motor so restricted. I did some research into what would work best for my application without making major changes and costing significant funds.
                                I decided a simple intercooler would be a good way to start, the goal was to bring down the inlet air temps and therefor enable us to remove some of the tuned in restrictions.

I narrowed down my intercooler choices and made cardboard replicas of each style/size to test fit. I also had no intention of cutting and holes in my engine bay or changing to one of the modular setups as they were a tad out of my budget. The intercooler that fit best was actually very small, so I was then worried it wouldn't bring heat down enough, but in the end any improvement was better than nothing.

The location for the cooler was to be mounted off the breastplate behind the oil cooler so the cooler moves with the engine. I realise this is not the ideal spot for the cooler but it fit well and meant no need for cutting or drastic changes. The cooler piping is 2 inch from turbo into the cooler and 2.5 inch out.

I had the 12a turbo top hat/plenum modified to have a 2.5 inch entry and as they are reversible on the throttle body it made for a solution to keep the piping neat. The plenum needed an air temp sensor bung added in and painted in red wrinkle paint. I also purchased a new turbosmart plumb back style blow off valve.

The end result was nice and neat with not too much silicone hose and clamps and the piping painted satin black to keep with the rest of the engine bay. The inlet pipe from pod filter to turbo was reduced from 3 inches down to 2.5 to match the turbo snout size and enable me to remove the inlet restrictor I had been running on the 3 inch pipe previously.

When all this was completed I took the car back in for a dyno tune to ensure all was well. After a few tweaks and getting things right the inlet air temps dropped from upper 90ís down to 60 degrees which was a great improvement for a small intercooler the goal had been achieved. The plus side of this was a slight increase in power. We were able to bump up the rev limiter and let the boost do what it wanted. I hadnít set out to gain power but the wagon finished with a safe but healthy 145kw at the rears. This is a 55kw gain from the way it was when restricted prior to the upgrade. Very happy with the results and gains in power and driveability.

I will upload some photos in coming weeks.
                                Cheers for reading and following.

Comment

Working...
                                X