Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1976 Mazda B1600 utility - Henry's in the house!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1976 Mazda B1600 utility - Henry's in the house!

Hey gang!

The collection hasn't seen many buys at the moment as I'm trying to channel all spare funds into the museum's first major shed.

I was at a garage sale when I spied this. He's a 1976 Mazda B1600 dropside utility. Only traveled 91,000km in his life with matching numbers, books and even the original tool kit - usually hard to find in aussie utes! Still sporting the original number plates too. He was named Henry after his original owner which seems to suit him I think!

The interesting fact for me, that it was sold at Thompson Motors Woodford, which was the local Mazda agent to me back in the seventies and early eighties. Now by the history I've chased only a couple of 100 Mazda's were ever sold there so in the museum sense he's the missing link!

Too many Mazda's in the collection. 4 Mitsubishi's, 6 Toyota's and now 3 Datsun's as well.
    Putting together a Mazda/Japanese motor museum. New bigger venue for the museum has been bought, watch this space!

You lucky son of a.........

I really wish I could find me an older Mazda she looks relativly nice :lol:

Comment

Nice honest truck. I love that steering wheel and dash.

Comment

nice find!
        occasional blog: http://ewokracing.tumblr.com

Brought to you by me as I search Alta Vista for Geocities webpages using Netscape Navigator while listening to Jam & Spoon.

Comment

A very nice addition to the collection Tim!!!

Cheers,
          Danny
          L10A
          L10B
          KPDA
          KRBB
          KTBA
          M13P
          TVA
          VA

Comment

Cheers guys, just couldn't leave him there, damn this trying to save every JNC I find, damn it!!
            Too many Mazda's in the collection. 4 Mitsubishi's, 6 Toyota's and now 3 Datsun's as well.
            Putting together a Mazda/Japanese motor museum. New bigger venue for the museum has been bought, watch this space!

Comment

Good job saving them!

Im trying to save a 323 Wagon down here from its Modgies and terrible fate, Just need more money!!

Comment

i like the truck.. and your yard..

Comment

Mate, the little white Capella in the back ground is my first car, I've had it since 1986, it's not very good but I just don't have the heart to get rid of it, so I'll make one out of two with those two you see there!!

Yes Skunk, it's a locally made dropside tray. Us aussies tend to overload the ute so a good solid tray at the start lasts the years.

Comment

Nice find. That good ole work horse is still in decent shape.
                    Classic Mazda parts for sale
                    http://www.mts.net/~ryanbu/mazdacellar.html

Comment

I would keep that tray and source flared Repu guards, grille etc.

Comment

Beautiful truck. I love that utility bed.

Comment

Re: 1976 Mazda B1600 utility - Henry's in the house!

Nice truck, I got all the parts you need to converted into a MAZDA REPU in Texas.

Comment

Re: 1976 Mazda B1600 utility - Henry's in the house!

b1600 > repu. love it mate, great find

Comment

Anyone perhaps know where one can buy aftermarket parts for these b1600?

Comment

Working...
                              X