Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 929/Luce/Rx4 - custom sedan and pointy nose

Hi,
    I have a question regarding the front of Mazda Luce LA2 series I. As I understand, there are two types of fronts - one more ‘pointy’, available on all coupes and custom sedans and more square-ish one, available on ‘normal’ sedans and wagons, at least on the export markets (outside of Japan or LHD markets?)

I'm looking to buy my dream Luce but I really want the ‘pointy’ one. Since I might not be able to find a coupe, I'm equally interested in a wagon or a sedan. I saw pictures of those with the ‘pointy’ fronts which where LHD.

This brings my main question - is it ‘only’ the pointy hood and front bumper that makes the difference? Or is the front grill of a different shape too?
    I found a sedan available in Europe, but it seems to be the ‘normal’ sedan. I'm therefore wondering if eventually (after fitting 13B into it ), I could ‘simply’ replace the hood and front bumper to achieve the pointy nose?

Here's the link to the car in question, the angle is a bit funny, but correctly if I'm wrong - it has the square-ish front not the pointy one..
    https://www.ez-biler.dk/brugte-biler...-bid-862568584

Thanks in advance for your help.
    R.

I think I found out an answer to my very own question on the ausrotary forum...the conversion should be possible.

Comment

Both the grill and bumper are different on the pointy model

Comment

Working...
      X