Mazda RX5 / 121 / Cosmo Restoration ~ Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazda RX5 / 121 / Cosmo Restoration ~ Help

Hey guys, first post in a long time. Beginning a full restoration on my 76 Mazda 121 and I just needed help with something...

Does anyone know where I can
    A. Track down original RX5/121/Cosmo seats in decent condition
    -or-
    B. Find currently available auto spec crushed velvet/velvet or even velour trim?

A bit of background to my issue. I just got my seat re-trimmed and the guy decided to choose the materials for me instead of asking me when he was unable to source crushed velvet trim (as per the original cloth). So I now have front and back seats completely done in blue macro suede which I'm sorry but I absolutely hate. Japanese cars of that era just did not have macro suede seats so it was a pretty bad choice. He has kindly offered to re-trim them for me if I can find him the material I want.

Very keen to get my hands on some original material - or - something that matches the original as best as possible / is at least period correct.

See PHOTOS here - https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b6/a5...f232cb0222.png

Thanks heaps guys, will keep updates coming on the resto!

Joel
    Original (crushed velvet) Recovered (Macro Suede)
    Last edited by Blue_Bandit_121; 05-07-2019, 12:11 AM.
    80's FOREVER!!

UPDATE:

I found some Original automotive old stock from the 70's that someone still had on hand, crushed velour in the perfect blue! I almost can't imagine this isn't the actual stuff that was used at the time on the original car!

IF ANYONE IS IN NEED OF THIS TYPE OF FABRIC FOR THEIR RESTO I HAVE AQUIRED 12M OF IT. Let me know if I can help.
    80's FOREVER!!

Comment

Working...
    X