• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks really nice mate

Comment

Thanks mate. I cant wait to go for a drive

Comment

Just a quick post about my compressor and gun set up. As I am trying to do everything on a budget I did not have a heap of cash to spend. The old man had a GMC compressor I could have and I found another exactly the same for $50. I bought a few fittings ,hose clamps and a water trap on ebay for cheap as chips and joined the two together. I did a lot of research on the net and came across LVLP guns. They did not need the pressure or tank size of a HVLP. I bought a Sprayit SP33000K from USA on ebay for around $150 shipped. they come with 1.3 1.5 and 1.7 tips. Its an awesome cheap little gun. the 1.7 worked fine for primmer filler and acrylic base and clear. The 1.3 was perfect for 2k. If your in the market for a cheap all round gun I recommend it.

Last edited by maty323; 06-17-2018, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Changed the only rusty door today and made a start on the body work . I cant wait to spray some primer on.

Its like new under the door card. its a shame they love to rust

Overall Its not to bad. Just a few hits here and there

I will remove the door handles/locks and glass once I am finished with the filler and give it a bit of time to shrink in while I start painting all the steering /suspension parts

Last edited by maty323; 06-17-2018, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Nice work mate, are you painting the body in 2pack in the garage?

Comment

cheers man. Na mate. Not using 2k on the car. just acrylic. it will be a bit more forgiving for me plus less toxic to everyone close .

Comment

Just a small update on my progress lately. My engine stand arrived off ebay and I gave the motor a quick pressure wash and bolted it all up. engine is in excellent condition. in all my years of playing with these cars I have not seen a better example. I have also done almost all the body work. only the rear quarter to go.

Last edited by maty323; 06-17-2018, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Go the mighty little UC!
                  occasional blog: http://ewokracing.tumblr.com

Brought to you by me as I search Alta Vista for Geocities webpages using Netscape Navigator while listening to Jam & Spoon.

Comment

this post is missing a human verification code!

Comment

Originally posted by ewokracing View Post
                      Go the mighty little UC!
                      They are an understatement little motor. There bloody awesome. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by restoremaz View Post
                        this post is missing a human verification code!
                        It seems to say that everytime I put a post up. Thanks for pointing me in the rite direction yet again. Did you notice the door I changed on the 323 was one of the ones you gave me years ago. Much appreciated. Your a legend Dave.

Comment

thats from the 323 i put in the scrap bin!

Comment

Hey there everyone. I do apologise about the delay in any content. Live got the better of me. I will be spending some time on the car in the coming week. Will have pictures up soon. I have also sorted the issue out with the other images.

Hope life is good!

Below is the reason the 323 has been delayed. Gotta love building your own house. I cant wait for my 8.5m x 6m garage

Last edited by maty323; 06-17-2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Also the engine bay is ready for some primmer/filler

I had a go at painting a spare door.

The whole car is mint. I love it!

Comment

I got a little bit of work done on the 323 the past couple of weeks. I managed to tidy up the rear wheel arch, removed the glass from the hatch, paint striped the bonnet to get rid of the crows feet, gave it an etch prime and got my first round of bits blasted and primed. If time treats me well I should get some primer on it soon.

Gotta be happy when you take something back to bare metal and there in no filler visible.

Comment

Working...
                                X