No announcement yet.

Next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuously impressed by this project and your work.
    P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/foru...-jcca-race-car

Comment

Thanks

Wish I had lots of money to do what I want. Things are slowing up in that department.

Sound deaden in

Seat in as well

Comment

A little more done. Tank I had had some surface rust on it. Cleaned it back and painted it. Got the diff housing blasted and cleaned.

Finished of the filler

Comment

Well got a bit done this weekend diff housing painted, springs rebuilt(pulled apart greased and new wear plates), LSD center in, axles and car back on the ground. Made some new brake lines just need to flare them. Tail shaft in, can now put oil in the box and diff too.

Forgot to take some photos but.

Comment

Making new steel brake and clutch lines. Also looking into the speedo cable drive, got a few different sizes. Guessing by running a 4.4 diff, I will try the biggest size I have - 20 tooth.

Got a 18,19,20. Hopefully I can get something close to what I need.
            Last edited by Ontrack; 12-24-2017, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Nice work.
              occasional blog: http://ewokracing.tumblr.com

Brought to you by me as I search Alta Vista for Geocities webpages using Netscape Navigator while listening to Jam & Spoon.

Comment

Ok pushed the car out and gave it a scrub. It has given me some more inspiration to get it happening as quick as I can. Just need to add some water, oil in the the engine and some fuel in the tank(need to circulate some fuel in it to make sure itís clean too) Hopefully that will get it going.
                Coils have power and stater cranks. Need some plugs forgot about them.
                Some clean photos from today

Comment

Went to rebuild the rear callipers and they where way to corroded ended up with some new ones. Got my flexible brake line made too.
                  Cranked the engine over and checked the oil is flowing through the oil filter.
                  Also have my turbo exhaust manifold finished for when I add that later. New alternator, water pump and thermostat. Canít find my fan anywhere.

Comment

Hot weather is crap for working on cars.
                    Picked up a new Mazda 8 row oil cooler. A bit of dust on the outside but it will be perfectly clean on the inside.

New oil cooler lines made

Circulated 5 litres of petrol through the fuel tank and lines, just to give the tank a clean out too. Hope to crank it over in the next couple of days.
                    Last edited by Ontrack; 04-24-2018, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Well getting very close to a engine start. Brakes bled but went to put the hand brake cable in and the rims hit the cable, no clearance with 13 inch wheels. Swapped the callipers and turned around the mounting brackets. I will have to get some new hand brake cables made up now. So everything is in bolted up and tight.
                      Short list of things to do now. New seat belts, roof lining, front and rear glass, exhaust, radio and rear parcel tray trim.
                      Some more photos just because

Some gold wheels

Comment

Looks unreal mate

Comment

Thanks

Engine bay shot

Made some carpet inserts Starting to look more complete inside.

Last edited by Ontrack; 04-24-2018, 12:05 AM. Reason: Add photos

Comment

nearly ready for revival. One month to go, easy done.
                            Chase women, you lose money. chase money, you never lose women.

Comment

Should have it going by then but don’t think I will take it. Thinking of taking something else.
                              I don’t have the factory cardboard shelf so I made one out of carpet, looks ok have to mount some speakers anyway.

Brought this home the others day too. I will start playing with also needs a motor

n
                              Last edited by Ontrack; 04-23-2018, 11:53 PM. Reason: Adding photo back in

Comment

Whoa! Nice purchase!
                                occasional blog: http://ewokracing.tumblr.com

Brought to you by me as I search Alta Vista for Geocities webpages using Netscape Navigator while listening to Jam & Spoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X