Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving a rusty R100

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Right now I'm up to test fitting everything in the car, before i pull it apart and paint it.





    Ive bought new Rx7 master and slave cylinders for the clutch, the brake master cylinder is away getting rebuilt, will get the clutch line done through the week hopefully.








    Working through the harness aswell. i want to get all the electrics working, even single thing, while the cars not painted.

    I have no idea why, but its been chopped and melted here and there. i spent a lot of today fixing it up, and I'm not even half way through it.







    My overflow bottle is the original R100 type, but i noticed today the pipe is split, and somebody has fixed a hole by braising a 2 or one cent coin over the hole. not sure what i will do with this yet.











    Im also thinking of side mounting the alternator. I'm going to see if the bracket still fits now that its side mounted from the front plate. i may have to modify the kit.





    I have the brake lines to attend to now .
    My videos https://vid.me/restoremaz

    Comment


    • Wiring was one of the biggest headaches in my old 2. Amazing how butchered a loom can become over 30 years !

      Comment


      • nice progress Dave and getting closer to paint and final parts restoration. Yeah electrical loom can be a real headache to fix correctly- just so time consuming . Keep up all the good work

        Comment


        • The webber manifold in the previous photos , was made for the series 1 R100 engine, and not mine, that is running the Rx7 series 3 tall port plates.

          anyway the guy that was doing this for me, has failed, and not completed mine, so I've had to start again and make it myself.


          i started by buying an off cut of a chunk of aluminium plate.







          I sprayed part of it flat black, then traced the top section of a 13b webber manifold onto it, and spent a bit of time cutting it out, all by hand.














          Next i made a cardboard gasket off the engine, and traced this on to the aluminium aswell











          After cutting out the ports by hand using a drill press and a die grinder, i made a jig, so the two parts are in position while i built the runners, at the right angle they need to be at on the engine.








          some of the pipe bends






          after many hours of cutting and shaping the pipes, (which i forgot to take pics of) i took it down the road to mr enforcer engineering.



          What took the previous guy 9 months to do absolutely nothing, took me and enforcer probably less than a day all up.










          Now i can get on with setting up the brake lines and exhaust.
          Last edited by restoremaz; 09-19-2017, 11:21 AM.
          My videos https://vid.me/restoremaz

          Comment


          • Looks good bro!

            Comment


            • No major updates this week, some next week for sure.

              Went out for a drive with some of the mazda club this arvo.

































              Last edited by restoremaz; 10-08-2017, 10:37 AM.
              My videos https://vid.me/restoremaz

              Comment


              • double post

























                My videos https://vid.me/restoremaz

                Comment


                • Good work Dave. I like the inlet manifold a lot. I really dig that R100 with the flares.
                  occasional blog: http://ewokracing.tumblr.com

                  Brought to you by me as I search Alta Vista for Geocities webpages using Netscape Navigator while listening to Jam & Spoon.

                  Comment


                  • Ill get some more pics for you soon. it an original GS from japan, still running the 10a. the flares were done in japan.
                    My videos https://vid.me/restoremaz

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X