• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OzLuvTrucker
    started a topic Newbie From Australia

Newbie From Australia

Greetings from Australia.

Im the proud owner of a 1980 KBD40 Isuzu also known as a CHEVY LUV. Im the second owner, the first owner was my late grandfather. The ISUZU was purchased new from the dealership as a cab chassis. They alloy tray was sourced from another location. My grandfather used the ISUZU on his wheat farm as transportation around his property to check fence lines, its had a easy life and always stored undercover, its travelled a mere 70'000 km.

I have done a few mods since becoming the new owner, i have fitted new 15' steel wheels and new all terrain tyres. I have also shortend and narrowed the alloy tray and made it into a tipper. I have upgraded the disc brakes using parts from an ISUZU Trooper, i have fitted Trooper upper control arms and flipped the ball joints to give more suspension travel. I have also dropped the front diff 2' lower to correct the cv angles since i have wound the torsion bars to give more lift.

• Hous1988
    replied
    Wow! Cool! Such a super truck! Your grandfather would be proud of you! Come in at your leisure to play free online bingo no deposit ! You can win real money!

Leave a comment:

• sywos
    replied
    We are facing complexity in writing the Japanese forums because it is not our language that we can easily understand. Since assignmentgeek.com.au/ is designed to helps us in selecting the translators according to the versions.

Leave a comment:

• OzLuvTrucker
    replied
    Originally posted by archangel62
    That's one cool car man, you should come out on a Gemini cruise sometime, so all us Isuzu heads can appreciate our cars' "ancestors..."

Which engine do they run? G160 OHV? I might add that that's one of the cleanest engine bays I've ever seen. If the engine ever lets go and you can't find someone to rebuild it let me know, I build engines in my spare time, although finding parts could be a nightmare.

But yeah, seriously cool! Half a Florian right there :lol:
    Engine is a c190 Diesel, baby brother to the c223 used in early holden rodeos and jackaroo's. I have a turbo and manifold ready to fit, im planning on running low boost. Would love to cruise in Adelaide but the 4.55:1 diff ratio and 4 speed makes traveling long distances difficult.

Leave a comment:

• archangel62
    replied
    That's one cool car man, you should come out on a Gemini cruise sometime, so all us Isuzu heads can appreciate our cars' "ancestors..."

Which engine do they run? G160 OHV? I might add that that's one of the cleanest engine bays I've ever seen. If the engine ever lets go and you can't find someone to rebuild it let me know, I build engines in my spare time, although finding parts could be a nightmare.

But yeah, seriously cool! Half a Florian right there :lol:

Leave a comment:

• B1500boy
    replied
    Welcome aboard, mate awesome little truck, looks tough with that ground clearance, don't think I've seen one quite that high before.

Leave a comment:

• OzLuvTrucker
    replied
    My KBD40

Leave a comment:

Working...
X