1994 Isuzu Amigo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Isuzu Amigo

I've been a long time lurker of JNC. Back when I first started browsing in 2011 I was 17 and driving a 1990 Isuzu Trooper and never posted because it technically wasn't a classic!

Here she is with my high-school girlfriend in Richmond, VA.

I loved my trooper, she was the Isuzu inline 4 with the 5 speed.

I ended up rolling her and ended up giving the towing company the title to pay for the tow (regret that today).

That was in 2015, I bought a Forester as a daily.

And while the Forester is still my daily driver I wanted something with a little more character. So when a 1994 Isuzu Amigo popped up 200 miles away from me for $1,400 we drove down and left with it for $1,250!

When we bought her she had an oil & exhaust leak, OEM top full of holes, disgusting interior w/ a mummified frog, and a series of other half-assed repairs.

She got a new set of Michelins, we fixed the oil & exhaust leak by putting in the missing bolts they previous owner never installed, bought the cheapest soft top you can buy new (it leaks), overhauled the brakes and refreshed the interior.

This is what she looked like while I was overseas for 3 years.

Here's her most recent shot. I love driving this underpowered 2WD SUV. Because it's a 94 and the last model year for the 1st gen Amigos it's got the super cool shark-fin third brake light, and the handbrake is in the center console and not under the dash. I love the faded vinyl decals on the side, but by far the best part of driving the Amigo is the feeling of the vinyl steering wheel, the exhaust note, and the clutch & transmission feel. All of those take me right back to driving my 1990 Isuzu Trooper, except this time the top is down!

I really love your car. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Comment

Working...
    X