No announcement yet.

my datsun 1800 c30 laurel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey guys,its a very long time since my last post!sorry about that!!
    some guys would say i have lost my motivation to work on the c30 for a few months,some guys thought i will never finish the last 5% and some guys expected i start my yonmeri (i picked up in portugal last year) before i finish the laurel!

FACT is since the new built electric wiring did not work well and had a lot of problems in it i lost the motivation a little bit yes!! but meantime i worked a lot on my s14 and spent him a fresh interior.then our fc3s drifter also received a lot of work.and i helped a good friend to build up a camper for his 2year world trip.

it is how it is but finally after 5.5 years of restoration and 27years of retirement my laurel is completely FINISHED and STREET REGISTERED!!!!

Comment

• so this year i finally did it to the annual japanese oldtimer meet here in switzerland.i cant say how happy i was to drive out the car out from the workshop! let my girlfriend take a seat put up some sunglasses and enjoy what i built up!!unbelievable!!

at the beginning i guess there was not everyone of these 105 horses ready to work.but after sleeping 27years its not a secret that the engine need to wake up slowly!!
      the suspension with the energy suspension bushings bilstein rear shocks tokico front shocks and the king springs is feeling very good.definettly an upgrade who was worth it!!
      guess the front can be more deeper for around 3cm but i want to see if that happen for some mm automaticly after a few kilometers!

it was a long way but i never regret i have done the resto for a rare car like the c30 laurel!!
      and if we are talking about rare cars i have bought my next project one year ago.its a 73' LHD 240 KGT aka gc110 skyline yonmeri.
      this baby will get a full resto soon!
      not sure if i should open a new thread or continue here on this one??!!
      Last edited by stev; 06-24-2016, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• well looks like most of my pics i was loading with imageshack are not to see anymore! let me post some before and after pics;-)
        Last edited by stev; 06-25-2016, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Hi.​

Been hoping for an uppdate here

Great to see its complete , back on the road and youre enjoying the fruits of your labor
                    Charmant A45, A60
                    Corolla KE17, KE35, TE38
                    Laurel C30

Comment

• thanks mate,hope you will be in this situation soon also;-)

Comment

• Hello... Thanks for adding me in this forum...
                        I am a Nissan Datsun 1800 1971 owner and looking for help, while i am trying to restore it.

Comment

• I look for many parts, but the most basic that i am interesting and i need is the front windscreen. Please any information may help me very much.
                          Thanks a lot,

Theo

Comment

Working...
                          X