Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Nissan Van GXE

Hi!
    Just wanted to share I have just acquired what I believe to be the only pristine example left, stateside.

48,000 original mile, fully optioned, recall survivor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AgoGdsUEEg

(Yes, the in dash fridge still makes ice)
    I've wanted one of these vans since I was a kid, and it inspired my design for the Nissan NV2500 Van when I became a car designer myself.

I remember, when I was a teenager, working in the Arizona desert at the Nissan proving grounds, (unrelated to my career at Nissan Design later) thousands of these vans were parked out by the high speed oval; miles and miles of them, as far as the eye could see, because they were recalled and came from all over the continent to be destroyed.

I used to walk between them and look at all the baby seats and artifacts inside left behind and discarded. Always thought it was a shame that such an innovative design got a bad rap.

I'm so thrilled we can use one to help inspire and have some fun with. It's kind of a dream. More to come as she gets detailed and photographed.

Best!

BT
    BryanThompsonDesign.com

Is this the same vehicle shown at the JCCS Long Beach last year?
    MikeRL411

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRL411 View Post
      Is this the same vehicle shown at the JCCS Long Beach last year?
      I don't think so; I would be surprised if the seller brought it all the way from Phoenix. But I will definitely show it next year!

Comment

Working...
      X