Computer programmer vs car mechanic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer programmer vs car mechanic?

Which of these paths would you want your son to follow?

The way the automotive world is heading there will soon be no difference between computer programmers and auto mechanics.
    MikeRL411

Comment

The way the automotive world is heading there will soon be no difference between computer programmers and auto mechanics.
      It seems that you're right. But not completely. IT is big. For example, there is network engineering. And this field of activity will be semi-independent for a very long time. I'm interested in network engineering. Right now I'm studying it. Soon I will become a Cisco certified engineer. Then I will get my dream job. Not so long ago one of my friends found SPOTO CLUB - they provide Cisco exams help. I think I will use their help. Just in case. OP, I think that IT is better.
      Last edited by xLaurenHx; 08-13-2020, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Cool, very useful. I'll take note

Comment

David Bruno's story about a turning point in his life is just a must read:
          From mechanic to coder: how following my dreams changed my life
          I know many computer programmers who could become mechanics, though not many mechanics could be computer programmers. At school, when I had to do my homework on programming, I just lied that my PC glitched or something (it didn't help me, of course), but I was never good at programming. On the contrary, my dad found me in his garage all the time and since then he knew I was meant to be in automotive industry and mechanics.
          Last edited by Bucher; 09-15-2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

This whole thread reeks of spam. I'm watching you first time posters...
            P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/foru...-jcca-race-car

Comment

There has been a whole lot of single sign on spammers lately ! No one is watching the inputs [except me ?]
              MikeRL411

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRL411 View Post
                There has been a whole lot of single sign on spammers lately ! No one is watching the inputs [except me ?]
                It's just me as a mod who comes on now and I don't have full powers, I can only delete posts and ban users. What we need is a way to accept new members by making them do an intro post but the forum isn't really busy enough for the admin to come on, fix stuff or make changes.
                P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/foru...-jcca-race-car

Comment

Working...
                X