Hello from Atlanta, GA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Atlanta, GA

Been an avid fan of most all things Japan (real original I know) since I was a kid and got introduced to anime. This of course led to cars. Have owned a few Nissan and Toyota RWD cars. Mostly Nissan for no particular reason.

Couple pics for fun:
    Current S13 (third shell sporting its third makeover)

AE86 Levin before I sold it

MX83

Now am looking at jumping into something older and super classic. KGC10. Yea real original I know, but damn they look cool.

Welcome to JNC.
    P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/foru...-jcca-race-car

Comment

Finally took delivery of my KGC10!!

Comment

Please please please do build threads of all your cars. They're amazing.
        P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/foru...-jcca-race-car

Comment

Originally posted by KiKiIchiBan View Post
          What he said. They all look spectacular, my favorite, of course, is the kgc. I think its the most beautiful 'normal' car. Meaning not 2 door sports car a' la 2000GT etc.

Comment

Originally posted by KiKiIchiBan View Post
            Thanks. Will do.....well will see what I have for pics (and memory of timeline for the S13....it's a long build process). Actually, is 90s era considered 'Nostalgic'? Guess it is over 25 years old now......still seems too new tho.

Originally posted by Rog's 79 ZX rust bucket View Post

What he said. They all look spectacular, my favorite, of course, is the kgc. I think its the most beautiful 'normal' car. Meaning not 2 door sports car a' la 2000GT etc.
            It is a 2000 GT. I didn't want my first proper skyline to be a GTR where I'd be worried about driving it and end up modding it too much. For me personally, I wouldn't want to touch a GT-R more than coilovers, wheels, and an exhaust. I also know that there's no way I could resist going too far so I decided to start with a GT and enjoy driving and modding it to find what I like. Then I know exactly what route to go if I ever get into a legit S20 powered GT-R.
            Last edited by OtakuRevel; 08-20-2018, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OtakuRevel View Post

Thanks. Will do.....well will see what I have for pics (and memory of timeline for the S13....it's a long build process). Actually, is 90s era considered 'Nostalgic'? Guess it is over 25 years old now......still seems too new tho.

It is a 2000 GT. I didn't want my first proper skyline to be a GTR where I'd be worried about driving it and end up modding it too much. For me personally, I wouldn't want to touch a GT-R more than coilovers, wheels, and an exhaust. I also know that there's no way I could resist going too far so I decided to start with a GT and enjoy driving and modding it to find what I like. Then I know exactly what route to go if I ever get into a legit S20 powered GT-R.
              I should have been more clear, what I meant was the Toyota 2000gt, Nissan/datsun Z, Jag XKE, Ferrar 250 "sports car". I realize your Skyline is indeed a sports car but I would classify the body as sort of a "business coupe". Still drop dead gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by Rog's 79 ZX rust bucket View Post

I should have been more clear, what I meant was the Toyota 2000gt, Nissan/datsun Z, Jag XKE, Ferrar 250 "sports car". I realize your Skyline is indeed a sports car but I would classify the body as sort of a "business coupe". Still drop dead gorgeous.
                Ah I gotcha. I can see it, but it will always be that car I've dreamed of owning for last 15yrs. Sold my 2015 M3 to buy it, and I don't regret it one bit. Funny thing is a 2015 M3 is worth about same as a 1971 Skyline.

Comment

It is in my top 3 jnc dream cars. I've only known it existed for about 5 years. I fell in love with the FD RX7 in 94 and, oddly enough the Mitsubishi Starion in 01.

Comment

Same for me with the FD. Friend took drove his dad's for prom. Thought it was the coolest car I'd ever seen. Oddly enough the first car I wanted when I got my license was an FC Turbo 2. Had no idea what it was, or what a turbo was, but damn did it look rad. Step dad flat out refused to let me buy it because it was a turbo motor. Yea that worked out real well. Once I finally learned about cars and about modifying them, they've all been forced induction until my 91 Silvia Qs and now the 71 Skyline GT.

Comment

I've yet to own a turbo car and have always wanted one. I will probably keep the L28 in my ZX but I'm still tossing around swap ideas. I would like to at least keep it in the Nissan family though.

Comment

Something about 70s NA Nissans just sounds so good. After swapping a couple cars with turbo motors, and now tossing a 1JZ VVTi into an S14, I personally will avoid motor swaps. They can be very fun and enjoyable, but every now and again the fact that it wasn't the original motor or the original configuration (LHD/RHD) bites you and you have to hunt down some obscure part, have something fabricated, or deal with a compromise to make things fit and work properly. Guess that just means I'm getting old. Hahahaha.......if the young me heard any of that I would scofffed at myself with a snicker

Comment

Working...
                        X