• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JNC "Daily" driver - Poll

Hi guys and girls,

We're thinking about purchasing a JNC as our second car

Facts:

- This second car won't be driven often (let's say once per week - 10 km). It will be mainly used by my wife, as a back-up transport.
    (she rarely drives, as her work is just 2 streets down the road) Fuel consumption is not an issue.
    - We already have my car (a lease), which is used for almost all activities (work, weekends off, getting groceries, ...)
    - We're located in Western Europe.

Requirements:

#1 It has to be reliable. I would even consider a carburator to be not reliable enough, as I can't risk having my wife to tweak the choke valve in the winter times.
    #2 LHD
    #3 Somewhat nostalgic (pre-1993), ofcourse preferably Japanese.
    #4 Manual gearbox.
    #5 Needs to be able to carry 2 adults + 2 children in booster seats. [Unfortunately, this rules out all the nice Miata's and MR2's... ]

Optional:

- A/C would be a very-nice-to-have. [I don't care about power windows, power steering, ... though]

All suggestions are welcome

Stefaan

Welcome to JNC!

I've got no idea what cars we're imported into LHD European companies. But if it were me looking for all those things (but I live in an RHD country) I'd be looking at a Chaser.

Guess you can find any Subaru in LHD if you want to go down that route.
    P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/foru...-jcca-race-car

Comment

JNC's will do great for a second car. I drive 2 JNC. My 1974 Celica which is below on the link is for sale and also drive my 1964 FJ45 to work each taking turns during the week.
      Here is the link to my 1974 Celica
      https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sg...788068007.html

Comment

I don't know what country you are in but Datsun 410 and 411 were used as taxis in Greece in the 1960s. Maybe some of them survived?
        MikeRL411

Comment

Working...
        X