No announcement yet.

Let's Translate "Shakotan Boogie" Film!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Translate "Shakotan Boogie" Film!

I think it's fair to say that the shakotan, grachan, and yankee style cars have permeated into modern car culture. It's important that Shakotan Boogie be transcribed into other languages (for me, English) to make understanding this unique sect of 1980's Japanese car culture easier and more entertaining.

The movie is currently available on Vimeo in mp4 format, albeit in low-resolution. Google Translate cannot pick up a lot of the dialogue. With any people here or that you may know who can interpret Japanese, I have a strong feeling that we can do this huge favor for JNC culture and car culture/history as a whole.

I made a Google Spreadsheet below where we can all watch Shakotan Boogie and write out what they are saying and when they say it. After we completely translate, we make an ".srt" file for the translation and times that can be played with the video file.

We can do such a big favor to future enthusiasts for JNC's!

Let's start!

Hello to all. Guys, I'm at a loss. I need to localize video games. We are expanding the number of sites on which we host a number of video games and it became necessary to localize the user interface and adapt to new market realities. Advise an attorney and reliable translation service. We need it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
      Hello to all. Guys, I'm at a loss. I need to localize video games. We are expanding the number of sites on which we host a number of video games and it became necessary to localize the user interface and adapt to new market realities. Advise an attorney and reliable translation service. We need it soon.
      Pure unadulterated garbage typing! SPAM !!!!!!
      MikeRL411

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
        Perhaps you should ask this question in the tips section or on the video game forum. But I have had experience using translation services like this. You can ask them if they can provide you with localization services, but I'm not sure. I was just translating my diploma into English.
        Last edited by Kitty Cat; 08-30-2020, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Yes, google translate has its limitations and it cannot pick all the dialogues. I would highly recommend using a good translator to translate dialogues. Youtube or Google will make a mess of all your dialogues as it is not very accurate. You will get a translators online for this stuff and believe me they will be in budget. You will learn a lot about translation from this post: https://translatehub.org/category/jobs/ . But anyways, the film is amazing and worth watching. BTW - Great job with the google sheet.
          Last edited by Van Lambalgan; 09-08-2020, 02:45 PM.

Comment

You can use any interpreter software or system to translate this movie but it wouldn't be as accurate. Better to get the services of an expert who has good grip over both English and Japanese.

Comment

Working...
            X