1983 Plymouth Sapporo Technica

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1983 Plymouth Sapporo Technica

I recently inherited a 1983 Plymouth Sapporo Technica with 9300 miles that has been sitting in a garage under a cover for the past 25 years, though the service has been maintained on the vehicle and it runs like a dream. The car actually speaks to the driver instructing them to close door, remove keys, etc. The interior is spotless and actually smells brand new on the inside. I have not been able to find much information on the internet from any of these for sale. I understand that this is probably a rare find and wanted to know if there is any market for this car? Or if you have anymore detailed information such as how many were produced? Etc.

Thank you,

Comment

Comment

Pics so tiny

Comment

Oh, my... I owned one of these back in the day. Bought it around 1988, owned it for a year, sold it because the frame rails were rusting.

But that 2.6 I4 was smooth (for a big engine)! And the 5 speed manual shifted like a dream! And the windows all came down, which is good because it had no air, and a black roof!

I do remember it talking. "Your door is ajar!" Me: "No it's not, it's a door!" The digital dash! Those seats were so cool looking, yet so comfortable. And the stereo, with the little joystick to fast forward, rewind, and auto reverse... oh, good times!

I've always said, if I ever get the money, someday I want to buy one. Alas, you and some other guy who rescued one from the crusher are probably the only ones to have one... and they are both automatics... sob! I guess I'll have to get a Mazda 323 GTX instead.

Comment

And as to the question of market. Heck yeah! It would be well out of my price range, but if it is in as great a condition as you say, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go for the low 5 digits. It is extremely rare. I'd find a reputable classics dealer and see if they can check the value for you.

https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hs...a/3735661.html

hooniverse.com/2013/05/03/carlisle-import-nationals-preview-1983-plymouth-sapporo-technika/

Comment

Thank you for your reply..... is there anyone you would suggest as a reputable classic car dealer?

Comment

Working...
              X