Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've not been able to get on for a few days now. Kept getting There has been a database error, and the current page cannot be displayed. Site staff have been notified.
    Obviously better now.
    P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/foru...-jcca-race-car

Comment

First and foremost, sorry it's been a while! I was stuck in Bahrain and Dubai for the past few weeks on business (JNC doesn't pay me well enough, or at all, to quit my day job, haha).

Originally posted by kev View Post
      Hey David, if you give someone a link to a thread post (it the link in the top right corner of the post) and they're not registered on the forum...

...would it still do that thing where it tries to load the whole thread in one shot?
      Originally posted by DmK66 View Post
      Just logged off and went to your thread and it was fine. Default settings for visitors ?
      Yup, the whole thread in one post thing only happens to users who registered on the old PHPBB site. So, unregistered users or newly registered users get the default settings and hte threads load just as they should. The problem is rooted in the fact that the new VB5 stuff doesn't play nicely with the old information from PHPBB, so each user has to manually update their thread viewing settings to kind of kick start their account into using the default settings. Unfortunately, their doesn't seem to be anyway of solving this issue all in one go.

Originally posted by KiKiIchiBan View Post
      I've not been able to get on for a few days now. Kept getting There has been a database error, and the current page cannot be displayed. Site staff have been notified.
      Obviously better now.
      There was a database problem (and there is still an ongoing database problem to be honest) that crept up and shut down the forum while I was stuck in the Middle East. Ben jumped on the problem and got the forum working again! Sorry for the downtime!

Cheers,
      David
      1967 LT23 Mitsubishi 360 // 1967 L10A Cosmo Sports // 1971 S30 Fairlady Z // 1973 PR95 Bellett 1800 GT // 1978 PA95 Isuzu 117 Coupe // 1979 SA22C Mazda RX7 // 1988 Z31 300 ZX SS
      Homepage: http://sites.google.com/site/nakazoto/home

Comment

Just happy we're back! Need my daily JNC fix as I've not actually seen my 510 all year.
        P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe

Comment

I find that tiny downwards facing arrow button to take you to first new a little frustrating. It kind of seems counter intuitive after clicking on the thread page number for all these years.
          1971 1300 Wagon Deluxe
          1973 1300 Wagon
          1979 RX7

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
            I find that tiny downwards facing arrow button to take you to first new a little frustrating. It kind of seems counter intuitive after clicking on the thread page number for all these years.
            Howdy Eeyore, this is something that is on my list of stuff to fix (or at least search for a fix). Unfortunately, it's going to take a while as I'm currently in Dubai (and headed to South Africa shortly) for work. So, I'm operating on a tiny laptop out of a hotel room with questionable wifi, which means JNC operations have slowed down for me. Work has been nuts for the past two months or so, but should cool its heals after March as that's the end of the fiscal year. After then, I should have a bit more free time and then it's back to getting to work on JNC!

Cheers,
            David
            1967 LT23 Mitsubishi 360 // 1967 L10A Cosmo Sports // 1971 S30 Fairlady Z // 1973 PR95 Bellett 1800 GT // 1978 PA95 Isuzu 117 Coupe // 1979 SA22C Mazda RX7 // 1988 Z31 300 ZX SS

Comment

Originally posted by Nakazoto View Post
              Work has been nuts for the past two months or so, but should cool its heals after March as that's the end of the fiscal year. After then, I should have a bit more free time and then it's back to getting to work on JNC!
              Well, it took until May for work to cool its heels, and may not be cool for long, but for the moment, I have some breathing room, time to get back to work on JNC!

Cheers,
              David

Comment

Hi David, nice to see you back. You may wish you hadn't returned.

Comment

More SPAM from India ! Do some screening.
                  MikeRL411

Comment

Another mod to help with the spammers? We're getting more spam than posts at the moment
                    P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by KiKiIchiBan View Post
                      Another mod to help with the spammers? We're getting more spam than posts at the moment
                      Amen to that ! Need to supress single sign ons from posting for a trial period.
                      MikeRL411

Comment

It's your time to fill your hands with the most incredible jackets from the Cyber Monday Jackets Sale hitting live at New American Jackets. Crafted with the most professional hands from our team, the fine stitching of our jackets would speak for itself.

Comment

Working...
                        X